Defiant Capital Group LLC recognizes that our relationships with current and prospective clients are based on integrity and trust. We work hard to maintain your privacy and to preserve the private nature of our relationship with you. We place the highest value on the information you share with us. Defiant Capital Group LLC will not disclose your personal information to anyone unless it is required by law or at your direction. We will not sell your personal information. Defiant Capital Group LLC will provide this privacy statement to all clients annually.
We want our clients to understand what information we collect, how we use it, and how we protect your personal information.
Why We Collect Your Information
We gather information about you so that we can:
• Help design and implement the investment and planning related services we provide you; and
• Comply with the Federal and State laws and regulations that govern us.
What Information We Collect and Maintain
We may collect the following types of “nonpublic personal information” about you:
• Information from our initial meeting or subsequent consultations about your identity, such as your name, address, social security number, date of birth, and financial information.
• Information that we generate to service your financial needs.
• Information that we may receive from third parties with respect to your financial profile.
Furthermore, Defiant Capital Group may collect personal information about you from the following sources that may include but are not limited to:
• Applications, Subscription Agreements, or other related forms, documents, or questionnaires
• Correspondence and conversations
• Discussions with non-affiliated third parties
• Information about your transactions (prospective or former) with us or others
• Tax Returns
• Estate and trust information, insurance, and other organizational or financial planning related documents.
What Information We Disclose
We are permitted by law to disclose nonpublic information about you to unaffiliated third parties in certain circumstances. For example, in order for us to provide planning or investment management services to you, we may disclose your personal information in limited circumstances to various service providers, such as our clearing firm or independent contractors hired by Defiant Capital Group LLC. If the Financial Planner/Financial Adviser leaves Defiant Capital Group LLC to join another firm, he or she may not be permitted to retain copies of client information so that they can assist with the transfer of client accounts and continue to serve the client at their new firm.
“Opting-Out” of Third-Party Disclosures
If you do not want your Financial Planner/Financial Adviser to retain copies of your client sensitive information when he or she leaves us to join another firm, you may contact us by calling 412-697-1435.
Otherwise, Defiant Capital Group LLC will not disclose any personal information about you or your account(s) unless one of the following conditions is met:
• We receive your prior written consent; or
• We have documentation that the recipient is your authorized representative; or
• We are required by law to disclose information to the recipient
How We Protect Your Personal Information
Privacy has always been important to Defiant Capital Group LLC. We restrict and limit access to client information only to those who need to carry out their business function. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your confidential personal information. Arrangements with non-affiliated third parties (e.g. companies or independent contractors) not affiliated with Defiant Capital Group LLC will be subject to confidentiality agreements.
• We do not sell your personal information to anyone
• We limit employee and agent access to information only to those who have a business or professional reason for knowing, and only to non-affiliated parties as permitted by law.
• We will provide notice of changes in our information sharing practices. If, at any time in the future, it is necessary to disclose any of your personal information in a way that is inconsistent with this policy, we will give you advance notice of the proposed change so you will have the opportunity to opt out of such disclosure.
• We maintain a secure office and computer environment to safeguard your information from unreasonable risk.
• For non-affiliated third parties that require access to your personal information, including financial service companies, consultants, and auditors, we also require confidentiality in our agreements with them and expect them to keep this information private. Federal and state regulators also may review firm records as permitted under law.
• We do not provide your personally identifiable information to mailing list vendors or solicitors for any purpose.